- Discover different habitats found within your school grounds
- Explore how these habitats can be used to enhance learning in all curriculum areas
- Learn specific techniques e.g. identification, investigations and environmental games
- Consider ways that these techniques can be integrated into individual practice across the curriculum
- Inspire and develop teachers own expertise, confidence and enthusiasm in delivering environmental education
- Reflect on the role of Education for Sustainable Development throughout the school
- Start the process of developing a whole school approach to using the outdoors in many areas of the curriculum
The day will be planned to meet the individual schools needs, with an emphasis on interactive learning. It can be delivered either at Woods Mill Nature Reserve or within your schools own grounds.
".... everyone felt the day had been totally worthwhile and brilliantly organised. We all went home fired up to do more fieldwork, greater skills than we had previously had and a zest for the outdoors..."
staff at Balcombe Primary School
"Today has been a truly inspirational day and has filled me with excitement to get outside with the children and 'do'"
Teacher from the Royal Spa Nursery
Cost for whole staff (maximum 20): Whole Day £750, Half Day £450
For further information please telephone Lynda Woods on 01273 497513 or click here to email